Thank you for your interest in one of our properties! Remember, we are here to help every step of the way and are eager for you to be a new MRA tenant. We provide a variety of ways to complete the application process – online (in process), via fax or printed and delivered to our office.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- Rental application fee is $30.00 plus tax ($32.03) – this is for each person* requesting to be on the lease agreement.
- Your application fee may be paid by cash, check, money order or Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
This is the only fee you are charged for submitting an application. Once your application fee is paid and the application has been approved, your application will be good for 30 days and can be used for securing a lease with any of our long term rentals.
*A person can be listed on the lease as an “additional occupant” and not be considered on the lease (nor have to pay the fee). In this case, the additional occupants income is NOT considered toward the requirements of meeting a minimum income to qualify for approval.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Total household monthly income (household is considered those people on the lease – not additional occupants not on the lease) must be at least three times the monthly rent payment.
- Applicants credit score should be 600 or better.
- Applicants have no history of civil evictions or felony criminal convictions (any criminal activity is discussed with the applicant on a case by case basis).
PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION
Your application will be kept strictly confidential. We operate in strict compliance with the Fair Housing Act established to protect people from discrimination when they are renting or buying housing (learn more).
Upon receiving your fully completed application, we use REAL ID to research the applicants criminal history, validate income, review their criminal report and view rental and ownership history to ensure all qualifications are met. Using REAL ID allows us a secure, confidential and fair way to process applicants. It typically takes about 3-4 business days to verify income, residency and previous residency – but the criminal, eviction history and credit score are reported instantly.
If there are multiple applications, all approved applicants received during the active application period are presented to the owner at the same time and owner has the final decision as to which applicant is approved for the lease.
YOU ARE APPROVED! WHAT NEXT?
- The approved applicant must sign and return the Deposit to Hold Long Term Rental form.
- Once the form is received by MRA, the security deposit for the property can be accepted and the property is removed from the website. The property is NOT removed until form and deposit are received.
- Upon form and security deposit being paid, the lease agreement and appropriate other documentation is completed at which point MRA can accept rent.
- MRA verifies that all utilities have been ordered by the new tenant and placed in their names at least one day prior to their lease start date.
- The new tenant will receive the keys on the day that the lease is set to start and must complete and return a Move-In Inspection form within 7 days of the lease start date.