The only souvenirs available at Caswell Beach are the shells collected on quiet low tide walks along this beautiful shore…
Are you wanting to get away from it all on your vacation? Then look no further than Caswell Beach, NC. Caswell Beach is a four mile stretch of long, sandy beaches located at the Eastern end of Oak Island at the mouth of the Cape Fear River. It is the least populated of the Brunswick County beaches.
Deep dunes and sprawling cottages line the beach and during much of the year you may have the beach all to yourself! But not to worry, if you do find yourself needing anything, you are just a few minutes down the road from restaurants, shopping and activities.
Perhaps the most distinguishing feature of Caswell Beach is the Oak Island Lighthouse, which illuminates the mouth of the Cape Fear with the second most powerful beacon in the world. If you are feeling adventurous, schedule your climb to the top – its 131 steep ladder steps – but the view from the top is absolutely amazing.
Caswell Beach is also a protected sea turtle nesting area, and nests are monitored from May until August. If you are lucky, you can experience a once in a lifetime experience and see a tiny sea turtle inch its way to the ocean for its first swim.
Caswell Beach only has one commercial establishment – the Oak Island Golf Club. It is a stunning 18-hole championship course where wind-shaped live oaks and yaupon trees are a constant reminder of that a golfer’s most formidable challenge, wind, is almost always present.
We offer discounted rates for our Oak Island vacation rental guests, and will be happy to book your tee times whether you’re planning ahead or deciding at the spur of the moment – simply call our office!
Things To Do
- Climb the 131 ladder steps to the top of the Oak Island Lighthouse for an amazing view
- Go shell hunting at low tide – Caswell is considered by many as the best place on the island to find prized shells
- Play a round of championship golf at the Oak Island Golf Club – stay for dinner at Duffer’s
- Soak up the sun on the uncrowded beaches – just don’t forget the sunscreen
- Take Fido for an early morning walk on the beach – he’s allowed off-leash until 9am during summer months
- Enjoy the view – whether ocean side or sound side – you’ll see water and beautiful skyskapes
Margaret Rudd and Associates has over 80 Caswell Beach Vacation Rentals– ranging anywhere from luxury 8 bedroom oceanfront homes to quiet condos nestled beside the Oak Island Golf Course- and just about everything in between! Take a look at our properties and find your perfect getaway today!