Located at the mouth of the Cape Fear River and on the Intracoastal Waterway, Southport, NC is an idyllic maritime community that takes pride in preserving its rich Colonial and Civil War era history. As the home of the North Carolina Fourth of July Festival, this small fishing village has celebrated our nation’s independence with a bang for over 200 years. Numerous activities take place throughout the week surround the 4th culminating with a beloved parade, fireworks over the river and dancing in the streets!
Why We Love Southport, NC
Southport, NC in the Movies
Southport has been featured in over forty movies and television shows, and provides the picturesque backdrop for the popular Nicolas Sparks film “Save Haven”. Historic homes with rocking chair porches and live oak trees line the streets along with fine dining restaurants and eclectic shopping choices.
The Happiest Seaside Town
Named the 2015 Happiest Seaside Town in America by Coastal Living Magazine, Southport, NC is a charming place to vacation if you’re looking for just a little bit more than the beach. Both the Bald Head Island and Fort Fisher ferries depart from Southport, opening your exploration opportunities even more.
Stay in the Heart of Southport
Our marina view vacation rentals place you right in the heart of Southport and within walking distance to anything the town has to offer. Additionally, if you choose to stay on Oak Island, we highly recommend taking a day of your vacation to explore this picture perfect town.
Give your vacation a different perspective with a Margaret Rudd & Associates' Southport or Oak Island vacation rental. (Local tip: Visiting during the 4th of July and/or the US Open King Mackerel Tournament in the fall are especially fun times to rent with us but the rentals go quickly so plan ahead!)
Southport, NC Things To Do
- Relax on the swings at Waterfront Park and watch the ships navigate the inlet
- Enjoy a bicycle tour of the historic district
- Shop at the waterfront farmer's market every Wednesday
- Dine on fresh seafood at one of the popular yacht basin waterfront restaurants
- Go fishing at the city pier
- Browse the many art galleries on a First Friday Gallery Tour
- Visit the NC Maritime Museum to learn about local pirates
- Stroll Howe Street to visit the many local gift shops, clothing boutiques and antique stores
- Feel the wind in your hair during an evening sailing charter
- Take the ferry to the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher