Where to Find Public Beach Access in Oak Island, NC
**PLEASE NOTE: There are current beach nourishment projects in place which may affect your ability to directly access the beach. Please visit the Town of Oak Island website to view information about how access may differ depending on the area in which you are staying.
We've got all the details on public beach access points throughout Oak Island and Caswell Beach, NC - that way you can spend more time beach-ing and less time driving. Find public beach accesses with restrooms, parking and accessible entrances for wheelchair users below.
All Oak Island Public Beach Accesses
- From East, Westward Toward Middleton Ave
- From Middleton Avenue to The Point / Kings Lynn
- For Emergency Vehicle Use Only
- Guests may also access the beach strand from various scenic walkovers along Oak Island Drive. These scenic walkovers are located at SE 9th Street, SE 19th Street and SE 31st Street.
**Please note that all beach accesses provide boxes of "doggie bags" for pet waste and most of them have bike racks.
Oak Island Public Beach Access Map
We've created a detailed Google Map with points for all of the public beach accesses in Oak Island, NC and Caswell Beach. Our map also shows which beach access points have restrooms and are accessible by wheelchairs. Check it out now!
Oak Island Public Beach Access with Restrooms
- The Point - 2 Portable toilets, rinse stations, bench
- Kings Lynn - Not oceanfront, 2 portable toilets, rinse stations
- Oak Island Pier - Unisex restroom
- Keziah - 2 portable toilets
- Barbee - Rinse station, 2 portable toilets
- SE 46th - Handicap accessible, picnic tables, restrooms, water fountain & rinse stations
- 14th East - Portable toilet
Oak Island Beach Access Parking
Almost all of the beach access points listed offer free or metered parking near the access point location. There are spaces for resident and visitor parking. There will be a sign posted if the space is reserved for residents, and only those with Town decals can park in resident spaces. If you are staying in one of our Oak Island vacation homes and are close enough to walk or bike we do recommend doing so.